The Hyannis Public Library has re-opened its doors on a limited basis. Starting 6/7/2021, the Library will be open Monday, Thursday and Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Tuesday and Wednesday from noon to 7:00 p.m. At present, the Children’s Room is still closed to the public. Occupancy is limited to 30 minutes.
The Hyannis Public Library is taking important steps to ensure the safety of patrons and staff following the updated guidance from the CDC and the Commonwealth regarding vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
As an organization that provides services to wide array of patrons and users, including individuals from vulnerable populations, the Hyannis Public Library prioritizes wearing face coverings inside the building and when coming into close contact with others during outside Library events. The Library also emphasizes the practice of social distancing.
The Hyannis Public Library provides free wireless Internet access and wireless hot spots.
Online Services at www.hyannislibrary.org
- Apply for a temporary Library card.
- CLAMS catalog for browsing and making requests with your CLAMS card.
- OverDrive ebooks, audiobooks, and movies.
- Online newspapers and statewide research databases
- Specialized databases, including:
- MANGO Language Learning
- Learning Express Library e-learning resources
- BookFlix Literacy database for kids
- HelpNow live online tutoring
- JobNow online job search help
- Consumer Reports online
- World Trade Press travel and food databases
- Zoom programming for adults and children.
Walk Up Services
- Pick up holds at the Courtesy Desk. Curbside pickup is available upon request.
- Check out books, magazines, CDs and DVDs
- Apply for or renew your Library card
- Use public computers
- Printing, faxing and photocopying
- Browse in the adult and young adult circulation areas.
- Grab & Go weekly children’s crafts
- Visit the Children’s Department by appointment.
- Attend outside programming.
- Materials can be retrieved by staff upon request.
The Hyannis Public Library serves many vulnerable populations, including children who are not yet able to be vaccinated. When visiting the Hyannis Public Library, you will be required to wear a face covering over your nose and mouth at all times and abide by all staff instructions regarding safety.
You will not be allowed to eat or drink inside the Library, use meeting rooms or the restrooms during this reopening phase.
The Hyannis Public Library follows the ADA guidelines for offering reasonable modifications to service patrons with disabilities. Examples of reasonable modification include, but are not limited to:
• Allow a person to wear a scarf, loose face covering, or full face shield instead of a face mask
• Allow customers to order online with curbside pick-up or no contact delivery in a timely manner
• Allow customers to order by phone with curb-side pick-up or no contact delivery in a timely manner
• Allow a person to wait in a car for an appointment and enter the building when called or texted; or
• Offer appointments by telephone or video calls.
The Hyannis Public Library is able to offer you outstanding library service through reasonable modification.
The entire collection of the Hyannis Public Library is available to browse via the online CLAMS catalog. If Library patrons do not have personal Internet service, the Library provides, free of charge, wireless Internet access as well as mobile hot spots, accessible from outside the building.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND SUPPORT DURING THIS PANDEMIC.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU BACK TO THE LIBRARY!