The Hyannis Public Library Association offers community access to the Internet free of charge.
- Determining the accuracy of authenticity of electronic information presents problems.
- Some information found through the Internet may not meet the needs of the Hyannis Public Library’s collection development policy.
- Internet resources may contain material of a controversial nature.
- The individual user is responsible for selection of the sites.
- Parents or legal guardians must provide guidance to their own minor children.
- Any restriction of a child’s access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian, not of the Hyannis Public Library Staff, Trustees, or Association.
- The Hyannis Public Library Association has no control over the information accessed through the Internet and cannot be held responsible for its content.
The Hyannis Public Library Association supports the Library Bill of Rights (American Library Association)
Policy adopted by the Hyannis Public Library Association on July 17, 1999