Monday, Thursdays, Fridays: Library closes at 5 p.m. Computers are shut down at 4:50 p.m.- last sign up is 4:20 p.m.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays: Library closes at 7 p.m. Computers are shut down at 6:50 p.m.- last sign up is 6:20 p.m.
Saturdays: Library closes at 4 p.m. Computers are shut down at 3:50 p.m.- last sign up is 3:20 p.m. NOTE: HPL IS NOT CURRENTLY OPEN ON SATURDAYS
The following is prohibited:
* MGL Chapter 271, 29 Crimes against Chastity, Morality, Decency, and Good Order – Dissemination of, and Possession with intent Disseminate, Obscene Matter; and MGL 272, 31: Crimes against Chastity, Morality,
You are welcome to browse the internet using your own wireless (WiFi) enabled laptop computer or mobile device. This access is provided free.
Limitations and Disclaimers:
- Printing is not available using the Library’s wireless network; you can access a printer by using one of the public computers.
- The Library’s wireless network is not secure with WEP. Information sent from or to your laptop can be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software within three hundred feet. Do not enable file sharing or printer sharing. If you do so, other people may gain access to your hard drive and files or misuse your computer. Do not do any online banking or other transactions where your personal information is required.
- It is also highly recommended that your laptop have up-to-date anti-virus software installed and working before going online.
- Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from trying to connect to the Library’s network.
- Illegal or inappropriate use of the Internet is not permitted. If inappropriate images are displayed in view of others in the library, the offending party will be asked to leave the building.